A pastor wanted for ICF-Utrecht
Many people live in Utrecht who do not speak Dutch as their first language. Some are Christians, others do not know Christ, but are sometimes looking for God. For these people there is the ICF Utrecht, a contemporary, bilingual church in the Oog in Al district. People of all kinds of different nationalities come together. The congregation has about 120 members.
The congregation has been vacant for eighteen months. This was a time of reflection for the church council. This has led to the decision to build a missionary team, consisting of a (preferably Dutch-speaking) pastor and one or more pastoral workers with a migration background.
The pastor’s main duties are:
- implement the policy together with the missionary team and church council;
- preaching, pastoral care and education;
- lead the English-speaking services of the ICF;
- establishing new contacts with target groups that have not yet been reached;
We expect the following from the candidate:
- knows Jesus Christ as his personal Lord and Savior;
- is pastorally concerned with people;
- has a feeling for and affinity with different cultures;
- has a vision of being a multicultural community;
- has at least a higher education in theology;
- is willing to live in the immediate vicinity of the city of Utrecht;
- has a good command of English (written and oral);
- is willing to become a member of the CGK church of Utrecht-West.
Terms of employment
Terms of employment are in accordance with the scheme for church workers of the Christian Reformed Churches. It concerns a contract of 24 hours.
For further information about the content of the vacancy, please contact Bert de Jong (elder) on 06-53831878. Or look at www.icf-utrecht.nl
You can apply until 31 May 2021 by sending an email application letter with CV and references to Leonard Walpot (scriba of the municipality): firstname.lastname@example.org